I have recently started ordering food from Able and Cole again. For many reasons but as I love eating and living consciously, I love the fact that my waste is less, they don’t use plastic, and everything is recyclable.
In my last veg box I got some courgettes. No one in my house likes them except me, but I don’t really allow that to stop me eating and cooking what I love.
Here is what I did with them
- 2 large courgettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ lemon zest
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 100g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Slice the courgettes into ½ inch thick slices
- Fry in a hot griddle pan with the oil until slightly brown and cooked through
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper while you’re cooking them and add the crushed garlic, ensuring the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Drain the courgettes onto kitchen paper and keep warm in the oven until all are cooked
- Serve in a platter or bowl
- Add all the cooked courgette, then squeeze some lemon juice over them
- Sprinkle feta, thyme and pine nuts on the top and serve warm
These are great the next day with a fried egg or as acold side salad to your next meal.